Design and Build for your kitchen remodeling, bathroom renovations, whole home renovations Henrico, VA and Richmond, VA
- Design and build is a construction delivery method that provides owners with a single point of contact for both the design and construction phases of a project. One entity holds single-source responsibility and contractual risk for every aspect of the building – from estimation, assessments and pre-construction to architecture, schematics, engineering, subcontracting, construction and post construction.
- Using design and build the designer/architect and contractor coordinate as a team. The client is actively involved with this team throughout the design/selection process.
- The design team works together to develop a complete set of construction drawings that serve your needs.
- Once the basic project outline is developed, we begin selections. DesignLine assist’s you will all selections whether it be at our showroom or a vendor. We go shopping with you to advise you on product selections and assist you with staying in budget.
- As part of our process we will visit your home with our sub-trades to obtain firm quotes in their areas of expertise.
- After the drawings are complete, all selections made and pricing complete, DesignLine will complete a final review of your project before construction. Any adjustments to the drawings or re-selections are completed at that time.
- During the construction process any questions or concerns that may occur are addressed by the same single source you worked with during your design. Thereby providing better consistency and flow.
Home Remodeling and Renovation Services
- Kitchen renovations and remodeling
- Bathroom renovations and remodeling
- Whole home renovations and multi-room renovations
- Mudroom renovations
- Laundry room renovations
- External remodeling and renovations
What is a Design Agreement? Why is it necessary?
A Design Agreement in a nutshell is a road map, the foundation of your renovation project.
We as a team, spend a significant amount of time drawing options and speaking with you to better understand your needs and wants. You are getting ready to spend a large amount of money; would it not be wise to take the time to work with professionals who know the business to design your project? This most likely is a once in a lifetime project, so now is the time to get it right.
Our experience has taught us that if we do the necessary work up front, then the project will progress smoother and be more efficient with few or no change orders.
We have also learned that most of our customers are entering into unknown territory and are usually overwhelmed. We have been told many times that they wanted to do the project, but didn’t know where to start.
We assist you with every decision. We help with cabinetry, countertop, tile, fixture, flooring, paint, etc. selections. We will go shopping with you and give you our professional views and opinions.
We go beyond the scope of a standard architect. We not only develop professional drawings, but we assist with item selections, color coordinating and we will shop with you in the store so that you can touch and feel each product.
We are not the only company that goes through this process, but we find that we have a more detailed process, which results in a better project for you to enjoy for many years to come.
Like everything else we do we are very upfront with our fees. Yes, we do charge for our time and expertise. Our design fee is a single/separate fee with no strings attached. You pay for the design time as either a lump fee or on an hourly basis. Some companies minimize the design fee to entice you, but then either add it to the construction costs or short cut the design process. Other companies will tell you that they credit your design fee if you proceed into construction. Unless you are in the business to give money away, the design fee is going to be paid somewhere. We prefer to be upfront with what we do and not try to manipulate our customers. We see this as an important step in developing a great project and in developing an honest, long term relationship.